Annoying Characters.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Have you ever written one? As of today, I have. So I'm writing this entry as a way of telling my motormouth to watch herself. (No, I haven't lost my mind. I'm just venting...)

This means you, Anne-Marie.

I know you're a chatterbox, and I love you for it. You can vomit information with the best of them, but I have to be honest, Sweetie.... you're annoying people. You're an info-dump waiting to happen, and because of that, you're getting censored for content.

Annie, you are hereby put on a word restrictive diet.

If you feel the urge to explain everything you see - fight it.

If you want to repeat yourself 27 times because you like to talk - don't.

If you know all the needed information and are just itching to give the characters a convenient and easy "fix-it" pass - I will cut you from the story.

This is your last warning. Cut it out, or you're out of the book. 'k?

Good.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with my sanity to reattach all of the hair I pulled out over trying to fix my WIP today.

0 Chiming In:

Post a Comment