NaNoWriMo!!!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Who knew novel writing had its very own month? (You'd think a writer might know that, but well... I didn't.)

Apparently, every year for the last 11, November has been National Novel Writing Month, where participants are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel in one month by hitting a goal of just over 1,600 words/day. (On the same novel, of course ;-))

I've decided to try it out this year and see what happens. Hopefully having a concrete level and goal will help with time budgeting.

I know I'm capable of that many words in that period of time (I wrote 800K words last year alone, which comes out to around 66K a month) but they were on multiple projects of varying lengths.

So, now I'm going to stop procrastinating and get back to my totally awesome WIP.

1 Chiming In:

dolorah said...

Wow, you have been gone a long while. I tagged you on my blog in a question and answer game. Perhaps that will inspire you to post again?

.........dhole

Post a Comment