Wherein I Answer a Question that Made me Laugh

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Question: Why are your profile pictures either cropped or distorted?

Answer: I suppose this is the nice way of asking if I'm hiding something horrible about my face, eh?

Just kidding - the honest answer is that I was having a vanity moment and wanted to hide the fact that I have a Spock eyebrow. :-P

With the "cartoonized" image I use for Twitter, you can't see it because it's in a color block:




But in the source image, you can see how my left eyebrow goes vertical in the middle. It's not always like that, but for some reason that day, it was being weird. When I uploaded the image to my computer, I decided to work around it, so I used a cartoon filter for Twitter and I cropped off the side of my face for my profile picture here.




There are very few pictures in existence with me in them - I HATE cameras. I realized I'd need a real picture of myself when Suzie sold my book, so I took this one. (Here's another secret - I took this in my bathroom mirror, myself, and photoshopped the pecan tree into the background.)

Sneaky writer is sneaky...

3 Chiming In:

Terry Towery said...

I'm still not sure why you insist on hiding from cameras. Seriously.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Now that you've brought attention your brows, i must chime in... just kidding... nothing is wrong with them. And, I love, love cameras, they go almost everywhere with me, the one taking the pictures.

D.G. Hudson said...

I just thought you were experimenting with your photo... I had to pull mine due to haunting by ghosts from the past.

Fixing your photo is smart, not so sneaky. I did that with a beach shot - the bikini became a one piece. (reasons not divulged)

Post a Comment